THE INVISIBLE THREAD



It has been a long time....

Six months to be precise

Cannot be reversed by a dime

Said somebody very wise

"Time and tide waits for none

What isn't yours is forever gone".


Yet, hope and belief lingers

Like the sand between fingers

When someone wants to leave

Dont clutch and let him go

If he comes back, he's yours

If he doesn't, he never was!


Once I tried too much

To keep you in my clutch

But you didn't utter a thing, kept mum

Shaking my very core, making me numb

I left things behind and looked for change

Let my thoughts wander beyond range

When...

You suddenly returned

That wasnt expected...


You say significant nothing

The year ends without any pact

Is it a simple matter of fact?

That...

Despite everything

We aren't able to part.

We cannot see but bother

An invisible thread continues

To binds us together!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A farewell gift to Abshar Bhai

Zain Ramadan 2018 commercial: The hype and the reality

GROWING THROUGH BOOKS